"Achieve success in any area of life by identifying the optimum strategies and repeating them until they become habits."
~ Charles J. Givens
People who accomplish their goals and achieve their dreams aren’t lucky, they follow specific routines and daily habits.
What are a routines and habits?
Habits help you be successful by forcing you to follow routines. Habits
- set you up to follow through on your goals
- give you the discipline to take action
- help you to focus and complete tasks
- create a pattern of consistency
Marketing and sales can be tough. Every entrepreneur must learn how to sell to be successful. Learning and implementing the habits and routines top leaders have may provide the boost to success in your own business.
What habits and routines can you implement to boost your sales and marketing?
Motivation is good to have when it comes to success. But it’s not what will make you successful. Having good habits will. When your days are filled with habits that help you on your journey towards the big picture goal, you will find success. When it comes to boosting sales and succeeding at marketing, you want to develop good habits for the long run.
Below is a list good habits successful people use:
- Wake up at the same time every day. Many successful entrepreneurs swear by a starting their day at 5 A.M.
- Create a sleep routine to help you have more energy to be able to work more during the day.
- Keep your to-do list small and scaled down. Do the most important tasks first.
- Finish your to-do list daily. Do what you set out to do in the beginning of the day.
- Read inspiring books like autobiographies for 30 minutes before you begin your day.
- Make it a habit to define your success by the happiness it brings you instead of in a dollar amount.
- Use time management tools like Toggl to know how much time you are spending on tasks.
- Use a journal for planning, scheduling, and work-related things. Use a separate journal to write down your big ideas, thoughts, goals and what you want your life to be.
- Use your time efficiently. Set up time blocks of no more than 2-hour sessions and focus on each task solely for that period.
- Plan for and take breaks throughout the day. Walk around your office, jog in place, or do some form of exercise to keep your mind working effectively.
- Spend an hour in the evenings reading about your industry, related industry, and current events.
- Keep your body physically fit. Work out with a daily regime for a strong body. Challenging your body and clearing your mind prepares you for the challenges of business.
- Set aside time to prepare before making a sales call, holding a meeting or meeting with customers.
- Get enough sleep so you are well rested and alert. The optimal amount of sleep for most people is between 7 and 9 hours each night. Anything less can cause irritability, decreased motivation, anxiety, reduced energy, fatigue, poor decision making, forgetfulness, and increase in errors.
- Be positive and surround yourself with positive people. Unhappy people hold you back with their negativity and envy. Happy people don’t tear you down.
- Listen, listen, and listen some more. Listen to what your peers, customers and employees say. Listening helps people feel like you care. Listening builds relationships. It also lets you know what is and isn’t working with your customers.
- Get and stay organized. Make lists, set daily goals. Keep your office organized and your computer desktop organized. Get rid of clutter that distracts you from your tasks.
- Keep some balance in all areas of your life. Make time for relaxation, spending time with family and friends, exercise, your emotional and spiritual needs and work.
- Be grateful. Write down what you are grateful for each day.
- Connect with your list, clients or tribe first thing every day. Send out an email or post on social media connecting with them. Don’t just try to sell to them but have meaningful conversations with them. Answer questions and provide useful information.
- Plan your week on Sunday. Spend a few minutes planning what you need and want to accomplish during the week. Make sure the tasks align with monthly, quarterly, and annual goals, as well.
- Revisit your annual and monthly goals often to make sure you are on track to where you want to be.
- Meditate. Begin each day with some form of meditation. Focus on your breathing for 10 to 15 minutes to clear your mind so you can begin your day on a positive note. Yoga, Tai Chi and other forms of slow movement are also good for mindful thinking.
- Listen to podcasts to improve your knowledge and build brain strength. These enable you to learn while you do a routine such as exercising or cleaning the house. Choose uplifting or encouraging podcasts. They can be found on a variety of topics from personal help to business strategies.
- Do your most difficult task first, when your mind is clear and your ability to focus is at its strongest point. This strategy maximizes your efficiency and provides a feeling of success for the rest of the day.
- Drink lots of water. Water hydrates us, gets our muscles and body working. Lethargy and low energy are signs you are dehydrated.
- Optimize your processes by setting up templates, white papers, and guides for your VA and other people you outsource to.
- Say “no” to tasks or obligations that aren’t in line with your goals. Don’t agree to take on things you don’t want to do.
- Use productivity hacks to make things go smoother. Use productivity tools like Asana or Trello.
- Set up and use tools for routine work.
- Be prepared to fail. No matter how successful you are, you will fail at some point. Being prepared will help you to learn from it.
- Measure and track everything you do. This enables you to get a factual and mental picture of your progress. In addition, you can see where you need to make adjustments.
- Set up a budget and spend wisely. But, don’t be afraid to make purchases on things that will help you grow, make work more efficient or for expansion. Invest in your business to help it grow.
- Spend time networking and building your relationships with others. You can do this on social media, through your email service or at local events.
- Find your ideal clients. Identify and speak to prospects that want and need your solutions, information, and related offers.
- Make a habit of asking questions to identify what your prospective customer wants and needs.
- Produce valuable content regularly. Create an editorial calendar and repurpose existing content into new forms. Turn written content into videos, webinars, or other types of content.
- Always make your offers irresistible to the customer.
- Create a habit of segmenting and targeting potential customers. Organize them by behaviors, such as abandoned carts, those who visit your offer without buying, buyers, and email opens.
- Make it a habit to over deliver and add incentives for buying.
- Create personalized messaging. Get in the habit to speak your customer’s language and engage them in real conversations.
When working toward the big picture it’s important to create and perform good habits that build a strong, healthy foundation for success.
Pick a new habit to form from the list above. Do it until it is routine. Pick another.
Pinterest 101: The Basics
How to Strengthen Your Focus and Become More Productive (Pt 1)